Autumn Regional Focus Group Meetings ? The Money Go-Round
– In association with Santander, Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels and Guestline Ltd
Autumn 2012 sees the nationwide launch of the BHA Hospitality Focus Groups to facilitate dialogue and learning from experts and industry peers on pertinent issues.
Our first area of focus is: The Money Go-Round where we will discuss and debate:
- the economic outlook? ? real disposable income for UK and overseas consumers; rising commodity prices; problems of the Eurozone and debt;
- trends in hotel property values; the latest occupancy and revenue data;
- barriers to growth: including the impact of having one of the highest rates of VAT in Europe;
- access to finance; investment vehicles; and investment readiness.
Our autumn line-up of industry experts and their key areas of focus include:
Damian McGann of Santander
- UK and Regional Economic trends/outlook
- How banks look at businesses in the hospitality sector
- Key drivers businesses can address to ensure they are in the best position to secure the right funding structure for the future.
- Key concerns such as earnings sustainability, the competitive and economic environment.
Chris Moore/Jon Hubbard of Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels
- Changes in hotel property values
- Comparing trends in the wider UK market with those in each region
- Provide an overview of key transactions and new hotel developments, looking specifically at what is and what is not working in terms of investment and finance, and at the opportunities that exist to maximise values in the future.?
Matt Willacy/Rupert Gutteridge of Guestline Ltd
- Commenting on national and regional hotel data trends within the hospitality sector.
- Using real time data captured by property management and distribution platform technology, Guestline Ltd will highlight up to date hotel industry performance including; average daily rate, revenue per available room and occupancy levels with a specific focus on each BHA region.
Paul Bannister of BlueSky Pensions will also be discussing pensions and the new Government legislation and Steve Brown of RSM Tenon will be discussing how to maximise your chances of a successful fundraising and investors? appetite for the sector.
Book your place now at a venue near you:
London Region – 27 September 2012
10.30 ? 13.45
Melia White House, Albany Street, Regents Park, London, NW1 3UP
Northern Region – 15 October 2012
14.00 ? 17:00
Rockliffe Hall Hotel & Spa, Hurworth on Tees, Darlington, DL2 2DU
South West Region – 16 October 2012
12.30 ? 15.45
Calcot Manor, Beverston, Tetbury, Gloucestershire, GL8 8YJ
South East Region – 30 October 2012
13:00 ? 16:00
Queens House, 55-56 Lincoln Inn Fields, Holborn, WC2A 3BH
Heart of England Region – 1 November 2012
11.00 ? 13.45
Weston Park Enterprise Ltd, Weston-Under- Lizard, Weston Bank, Shifnal, TF11 8LE
Eastern Region – 22 November 2012
14.00 ? 16.45
City College Norwich, Ipswich Road, Norwich, NR2 2LJ