California Central America Express (CCE) – Service Advisory – Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica Service Update
10 Sep 2012
Hapag-Lloyd will temporarily suspend its service to Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica
We would like to inform you that Hapag-Lloyd will temporarily suspend its service to Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica due to the extreme congestion the port is experiencing caused by a partial closure of most of their berthing positions.
The last call in Puerto Caldera will be provided with the following vessel:
- Conti Salome V-1237SB
- Estimated date of arrival Puerto Caldera: September 19, 2012
After that we are planning to continue servicing the Costa Rica market as follows:
- From Asia to Costa Rica cargo will now be handled with our PAX and SCE to Manzanillo, Panama for further transshipment to Puerto Limon through our GCS service.
a. First PAX vessel to service Costa Rica will be the Kobe Express V-72E37, in Taiwan September 11, 2012.
b. First SCE2 vessel to service Costa Rica will be the Zim Ontario V-16E37 in Pusan September 10, 2012.
- From The Pacific Northwest, Vancouver, Oakland and Los Angeles to Costa Rica cargo will be handled on our MPS or PAX service to Manzanillo, Panama and connect with GCS to Puerto Limon. We will therefore stop accepting Los Angeles to Costa Rica cargo on our CCE Service.
- From WCSA to Costa Rica cargo we will use our SW1 service to Manzanillo, Panama to connect with GCS for Puerto Limon discharge.
- Exports via Caldera will be switched to Puerto Limon using the GCS with further connections to other Hapag-Lloyd services via Manzanillo (PA), Cartagena and Caucedo.
If port conditions allow, we plan to resume our calls at Puerto Caldera with our CCE Service starting with the Jupiter V-244SB in Puerto Caldera November 2, 2012.