Caterer.com Reveals the Best Employers in Hospitality 2012
Over 350 employers from across the hospitality industry joined together at the Lancaster Hotel, London last night to celebrate the best employers from the UK?s hotel, restaurant, pub, bar, catering and visitor attractions sectors.
The 2012 Best Employers in Hospitality Awards, hosted by hospitality recruitment specialist Caterer.com, saw winners across 13 different award categories, a ranking of the top 50 employers in England and Wales and an overall winner.
Based on the opinions of over 5,000 employees working for the companies that entered, the results were gathered using an employee engagement survey designed by talent specialists, Learnpurple. The results were based solely on the responses from employees and thus offer an unbiased view based on true employee perceptions.
Ian Burke, Director of Caterer.com said; “The bar was set high this year and we had a record number of companies enter the awards. It is fantastic to see employees engage and feedback to the business what they like about working with them. They really do encourage employers to continue being the best. These are the only awards that focus on what the people at the core of the business really think.?
The top accolade, Best Employer in Hospitality 2012 England & Wales and Best Independent Restaurant Employer went to Mya Lacarte, based in Berkshire who came 5th in last year?s awards and were delighted to take the 1st place this year. Caterer.com caught up with the delighted team after being handed their award;
Ilaria, Head Waitress of Mya Lacarte said, ?It feels unbelievable to win and especially for a small independent business. Working for Mya Lacarte means being part of a family and the owners are friendly and passionate about what they do. Our customers mention that they don?t know who the owner is – we all provide the same service as we?re all so committed.?
Justin, Head Chef of Mya Lacarte commented, ?Produce and service is at the heart of what we do and it really does feel like our own business, we?re all supported to do the best we can. If you love what you do you care more and deliver a better result.?
Peach Pub Company took home the Best Group Pub/Bar Employer Award for the second year running and Lee Cash, Owner, Peach Pubs Company said;
?It’s fantastic to win a second year running – the team is the part of the business that really means a lot to Peach Pubs. If you create a great place to work and the right place to work you get the right people working for you. We take our team seriously and it really is what matters to the business.?
The category winners for the 2012 Best Employers in Hospitality award for England & Wales are as follows:
- Best Small Group Hotel Employer – Sheraton Skyline Hotel
- Best Medium Group Hotel Employer – Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
- Best Large Group Hotel Employer – Radisson Blu Edwardian
- Best Group Pub/Bar Employer – Peach Pub Company
- Best Independent Contract Caterer Employer – Accent Catering Services Ltd
- Best Small Independent Hotel Employer – Dale Lodge Hotel Ltd
- Best Medium Independent Hotel Employer – Casa Hotel
- Best Large Independent Hotel Employer – Ellenborough Park
- Best Supplier To The Industry Employer – Space Catering Equipment Limited
- Best Independent Pub/Bar Employer – Crompton’s at The Olive Branch
- Best Independent Restaurant Employer – Mya Lacarte
- Best Venue Employer – Centralworking
- Best Recruitment Consultancy Employer – Cherryred Recruitment
- Best Employer in Hospitality 2012 England & Wales – Mya Lacarte
The full list of the top 50 Best Employers in Hospitality England and Wales 2012 and the top 10 Recruitment Consultancy Employers can be found at http://www.bestemployersinhospitality.com.
Hospitality businesses that have operations in Scotland are now encouraged to enter the Best Employers in Hospitality – Scotland 2012 which is taking place at Prestonfield House, Edinburgh in October this year. Entries are open until 6 September 2012 and business can enter for free at: http://www.bestemployersinhospitality.com/Scotland.