PolyU to Hold UNWTO Knowledge Network Symposium
A United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) Knowledge Network Symposium and a UNWTO TedQual Information Seminar will be held on 16-17 November 2013 at the School of Hotel and Tourism Management (SHTM) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
The Symposium, scheduled for 16 November, will provide a unique opportunity for tourism educational institutions at all levels to discuss their experiences in promoting capacity building in tourism through research, education and training. The aim of the Symposium is to foster dialogue and share good practices in tourism research, education and training that contribute and enhance tourism in both the public and private sectors, particularly responsible, sustainable and accessible tourism development in Asia and the Pacific.
Presentation proposals are now invited on topics relating to tourism research, education and training that bridge theory and practice. Possible topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Knowledge management in tourism
- Role of knowledge networks in the tourism sector
- Future directions for tourism research
- Sustainable tourism research and education
- Talent development and management in tourism
- Unique approaches to institutional and industry collaboration in education
- Case studies on innovative tourism education, training and research development
- Any other unique approaches to research, education and training
The deadline for abstract/presentation outline submission is 28 October.
A half-day information sharing seminar for the UNWTO TedQual will be offered during the morning of 17 November at the SHTM. The seminar will provide first-hand information on applying for TedQual accreditation and the accreditation audit process. Speakers will include officials from the UNWTO, TedQual auditors and representatives of other TedQual institutions who will share their experience and insight.
To find out more about the UNWTO Knowledge Network Symposium and UNWTO TedQual Information Seminar, please visit:?http://know.unwto.org/en/event/call-presentation-unwto-knowledge-network-symposium-tedqual-information-seminar.