glh. launches a new global 4- star hotel brand: Amba
- Amba will be Europe?s largest four-star hotel brand launch with 2088 rooms by 2015
- Amba is launching with four hotels, situated just a few paces from world famous landmarks, in London?s most prestigious locations: Marble Arch, Tower Bridge, Charing Cross and Buckingham Palace Road.
- glh. will be investing a further ?70 million into the chosen four-star hotels
- The launch is driven by our extensive and industry shaping market research which shows there is a significant opportunity to develop the four star market
- The design of?Amba’s?new hotel rooms has been driven by the voice of the global customer
- At?Amba?everything works ? from intuitive service to the fastest, free, reliable Wi-Fi available –Amba?provides the best environment to refresh and recharge
- glh. is targeting 30 key cities in the UK for the?Amba?brand and will expand the brand internationally in China, the USA and Europe across the best locations
Amba, a global owner and operator of contemporary hotels, will be Europe?s largest four- star brand launch with 2088 rooms in London by 2015. glh. will invest a further ?70 million into the chosen four-star hotels to provide the best environment for the discerning business and leisure traveller*.
Amba?is launching with four hotels, situated just a few paces from world famous landmarks, in London?s most prestigious locations: Marble Arch, Tower Bridge, Charing Cross and Buckingham Palace Road. The four hotels will re-open following major refurbishments, with Buckingham Palace Road the first?Amba?hotel to launch in June 2014.
The launch of?Amba?is driven by extensive market research which shows there is a significant opportunity to address unmet client needs in the four-star sector; better and more personalised service, seamless technology that actually works and authentic experiences in the best locations around the world.
At?Amba, every room has been designed by the voice of the global customer and the highly knowledgeable staff – empowered by glh?s new entrepreneurial management model – will unearth hidden gems like a local and deliver the best guest-centred experience in the industry.
Amba?sees technology as an enabler and every hotel in the brand is underpinned by seamless technology, from a Smart TV in every room to the behind-the-scenes operations that ensure staying in an?Amba?is an effortless experience. Wi-Fi isn?t a luxury, it?s a necessity. That?s whyAmba?has invested in the fastest, free, reliable Wi-Fi for all guests.
Amba?will attract the global conference market using its fantastic locations across London combined with seamless technology to deliver the best conference experience available in the world.
The ambition is to grow the?Amba?brand in the UK to around 30 properties with further growth internationally in China, Malaysia, and the USA.
Commenting on today?s announcement Mike DeNoma, CEO of glh, said:
“We’re excited to launch?Amba?a new hotel brand that signifies our intent and ambition to unlock human potential and give property owners and developers a new deal in the four-star market. We want to be the first port of call for developers, owners and investors who want a new deal from a hotel management company.”
Commenting on today?s announcement Colin Roy, Chief Marketing Officer, said:
“Four-star hospitality can be impersonal and lack differentiation. The launch of?Amba?signifies a step change in the market. An?Amba?hotel will combine a fantastic location with genuine warmth, intuitive service and technology to ensure that both business and leisure travellers get the most out of their stay. From booking to check out, we will endeavour to offer our guests a more personal and authentic service which will leave them feeling refreshed and recharged.”