Hotel Indigo London to open late 2017
London – 13 July 2017 –
InterContinental Hotels Group announces Hotel Indigo London – One Leicester Square.
The hotel marks IHG’s debut presence in Leicester Square and continues the growth of the Hotel Indigo brand as its fourth property in London and 11th in the UK.
Due to open in late 2017, the hotel, based in one of London’s busiest hubs, will feature 95 guest rooms, each with a design reflecting the local area.
The hotel will operate under a franchise agreement with Criterion Capital and will be the operator’s first venture with the franchise partner.
Hotel Indigo is one of IHG’s boutique brands with 75 hotels (9,214 rooms) open and 76 hotels (10,437) in the global pipeline.
The brand has grown rapidly since its launch in 2004 and continues to be a strong growth vehicle for IHG with a strategy focused on growing in top-tier priority markets in desirable urban centres and established destinations.
There are currently 21 Hotel Indigo hotels open and 18 in the pipeline across Europe.
Additional signings include:
- Hotel Indigo Milan – Corso Monforte, due to open in early 2018; this 55- guest room converted historic palace is situated in the city centre and will operate under a franchise agreement with Finalba Seconda Srl.
- Hotel Indigo Dundee, due to open in mid-2018; the hotel will operate under a franchise agreement with Lower Dens Hotel Services (Dundee) Ltd. This 96-room property will be the owner’s first IHG branded hotel.
- Hotel Indigo Frankfurt: One of the largest Hotel Indigo properties in Europe, this 236-guest room property is due to open in early 2019.
- Hotel Indigo Manchester – Victoria Station was signed under a franchised agreement with UBH Manchester Ltd and is due to open in early 2019. The 187-guest room property is situated adjacent to Manchester Victoria Station.
- Hotel Indigo The Hague – Royal Palace, with 63 rooms, will operate under a franchise agreement with BHG Randstad and be the owners’ eighth IHG brand in their portfolio.
- As part of the MDA agreement with Tristar, Hotel Indigo Dresden – Wettiner Platz, with 132 rooms, is due to open in late 2018 and will operate under a franchise agreement.
- Due to open in later 2018, Hotel Indigo Manchester – Piccadilly Gardens will operate under a franchise agreement with Cairn Hotel Group, with 139 rooms
- The 45-room Hotel Indigo Belgrade is set to open in late 2019 and will operate under a managed agreement with Profileon Plus.
- Hotel Indigo Warsaw – Nowy Swiat opened in May this year and Hotel Indigo The Hague – Royal Palace and Hotel Indigo London – Aldgate are due to open later this year.