Expedia to launch hotel collections – Curated selection for best experiences at beach, for family fun, relaxation, culture & history, shopping and snow
London – 21 September 2017 –
Expedia has launched Collections, a new resource to help travellers find the best hotels for every experience.
Initially launching with six Collections; Beach, Relaxation, Family Fun, Culture & History, Shopping and Snow, each list has been curated and each hotel selected with Expedia’s ‘stamp’ of quality approval. Knowing that a source of anxiety for travellers can be whether the travel experience will live up to expectation, all hotels in each Collection must meet a set of rigorous standards and are determined using a combination of data sources to reveal the best quality and best value hotels in spectacular destinations. Travellers can browse accommodations by the type of travel experience they desire and by destination, making finding a great place to stay easier than ever.
“We know travellers spend an immense amount of time researching accommodation, from reading reviews to checking multiple sites for peace of mind on the price, location and quality, we created ‘Collections’ to do all that work for you,” says Dan Reed, Expedia’s Vice President of Merchandising. “When selecting the criteria for these properties we wanted to ensure our customers could confidently book from a ‘Collection’ type, knowing that that would be the exact kind of holiday they would receive and the quality and value would be excellent. These are all hotels which are backed by our customer reviews, fit the type of holiday the customer is looking for and are a great value, helping travellers find the best hotel for every experience.”
Expedia’s current Collections include:
- Beach: Grab a swimsuit and hit top beach spots, from Mallorca to Phuket
- Relaxation: The best places to unwind, from spa getaways to tranquil resorts
- Family Fun: Top family hotels for all-ages fun; awesome pools, theme parks and more
- Culture & History: Featuring destinations like Venice, Italy and Washington, D.C., this Collection is perfect for exploring top museums, historic sites, and restaurants
- Shopping: From Hong Kong to Milan, indulge in a shopper’s paradise, from local crafts to world-famous stores
- Snow: The best hotels and resorts for skiing, snowboarding, or fantastic snowball fights
“These initial six ‘Collections’ are really just the tip of the iceberg and we look forward to bringing more curated lists to meet the needs of every traveller.”