Hilton opens the first-ever Try by Hilton – its 5,000th property
Oklahoma City – 26 May 2017 –
Hilton opened the first-ever Tru by Hilton – the company’s 5,000th hotel – at Tru by Hilton Oklahoma City Airport. With more than 425 hotels in various stages of development, Tru by Hilton has achieved the fastest growing pipeline in the history of the hospitality industry, and has captured approximately 2/3 of all net pipeline growth associated with the midscale segment since it launched in 2016.
Developed from the ground up using consumer and owner feedback, and brought to market in just 16 months from when it launched at the Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), Tru by Hilton is a brand-new hotel experience that is vibrant, affordable and young-at-heart. It is energetic, but it is relaxing and comfortable. It is familiar, and it is also unexpected. It is uniquely Tru.
Tru by Hilton thinks differently and is a game changer in the midscale segment:
- All new-build brand, which drives the consistency of experience for our guests
- Reimagined, enlarged lobby with 2,880 square feet of public space with areas to work, play games, eat or lounge
- Breakfast is reinvented with the build-your-own complimentary “Top It” breakfast bar that has 30 sweet and savory toppings so guests can create their own healthy or indulgent morning masterpieces
- Rooms are modern and designed to make every square foot count, with natural light from oversized windows, 55″ TV with 150 DIRECTV channels and bright all-shower bathrooms with premium bath amenities
- National and local brand gourmet snacks and drinks – including single-serve beer and wine – are available 24/7 in the “Eat. & Sip.” market located in the heart of the lobby
- Tech savvy hotel with mobile check-in, Digital Key, free superfast Wi-Fi, remote printing, social media wall, lobby and market iPads, super-charging stations and accessibility to outlets everywhere
- A fitness center that leverages the latest fitness trends through barre, TRX bands, free weights, cardio and flexibility gear, plus guests can get workout ideas from the fitness center tablet
- All the benefits of a Hilton Honors membership are available to Tru by Hilton guests
The opening of the first Tru by Hilton and Hilton’s 5,000th property milestone come on the heels of several other major growth milestones, including the opening of the 100th properties in both Greater China and Latin America. In January 2017, Hilton successfully completed the spin-offs of Hilton Grand Vacations and Park Hotels & Resorts, creating a capital-light business that responds to market conditions, owner needs and evolving customer expectations.